WebCALIS Sample Lesson Menu
Below are descriptions for a few sample WebCALIS lessons. Click on any lesson title
to view its CALIScript "source code." You can safely imitate any of these lessons
in writing your own lessons, using the same CALIScript commands and statement structure.
You can run any of these exercises by selecting them from the dropdown box under the WebCALIS file menu.
Or if you do not see the URL there, you can also note its URL (Internet path and filename, including the protocol header "http://")
here--highlight it and copy it to your clipboard
if you like-- then go back to the main WebCALIS and click on the "Start" icon, if necessary, to return to WebCALIS or launch WebCALIS, and type or paste the URL of the exercise you want in the WebCALIS File menu "Open Network File..." line.
- An Armenian Poem
- Tiny test of Armenian fonts. (http://www.humancomp.org/ftp/exercises/armenian.cal).
- Danish Antonyms
- Danish flashcard lesson testing your short-term memory for six pairs
of common antonyms. Give up as often as you like! (http://www.humancomp.org/ftp/exercises/dananton.cal).
- De bloedsomloop
- Languages Across the Curriculum! Learn some biology in Dutch (multiple
- The Cocktail Party
- English lesson dealing with a conversation at a cocktail party: short
- Letter from Babette
- French lesson involving elementary reading comprehension of Babette's
- In A French Bar
- French lesson about the cost of menu items in a cafe. Short answer.
- German word game (short answer).
- German scanning and comprehension exercise (short answer).
- What Are The People in the Pictures Doing?
- Practice with the present continuous aspect (-TE form of verbs). (http://www.humancomp.org/ftp/exercises/doingitj.cal).
- Korean Postpositions
- Look at pictures and describe spacial relations (Practice with postpositions). (http://www.humancomp.org/ftp/exercises/korpost7.cal).
- Malay numbers
- Practice with Malay/Indonesian Numbers (short answer).
- Spanish Verbs
- Spanish lesson dealing with verb conjugations: fill in the blanks.
- Suffix -acion
- Spanish drill-and-practice lesson dealing with the transformation of
nouns to their verb equivalent: fill in the blanks.(http://www.humancomp.org/ftp/exercises/sufacion.cal).
- Swahili Names
- Fill-in-the-blanks lesson introducing some Swahili conventions for
- A Simple Swahili Dialog
- Short answer, based on a simple dialog, practicing daily-life greetings.
Return to Main WebCALIS Page
Home | Site Map
| Services | New
| WinCALIS | UniEdit